Sunday 30 September 2012

COMPETITION - one more day



Thank you all so much for your contributions to my cause, I have a total of 85 entires and £218!!

There is one day to go, the end for the draw will be   MONDAY 1st OCTOBER - 6pm GMT.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND MONEY AFTER THAT TIME

I have to have a cut off point to choose the winner and get the money to my friend, but also checking the total every couple of minutes has been very exciting and incredibly distracting!! I haven't got any work done this weekend!! I need to do some so I can pay my own bills!!

I hope hearing this story and being part of something positive that could actually help this one person, might have inspired you to do more for the homeless in your city. It has me!
In London we have many charities working to support homeless people - helping find them homes, helping them with addiction, with mental health issues, feeding them, and some just offering comfort and kindness.
You could do your little bit by buying the Big Issue each week, or setting up a monthly direct debit of as little as £2 to one of those charities, or if time is all you have you could help at a food shelter - I was hugely proud when my little brother started doing this.
Reading your messages it obviously struck a chord with you all and wasn't just about winning my little bird. Let's see what more we can do!!

But on the subject of the little bird, one day to go till I announce the winner!!
Best of luck!

xx

No comments: